Airline Compensation for Missed Flights
EU compensation for missed connection is a really clear piece of regulation. But each airline also has its own set of air travel delay compensation policies that govern what level of reimbursement you end up with.
Many airlines offer meal vouchers, accommodation, and even rebooking at no extra cost. While others might not offer any form of compensation, no matter what situation you’re in. Skycop will fight for your rights, regardless of airline policy, to ensure you get the compensation for delayed flight and missed connection you deserve.
Are You Eligible for Airline Compensation?
Eligibility for lost connection flight compensation depends on a few specific factors.
Most importantly, it’s the cause of the missed connection.
If the airline is responsible for mechanical issues, crew delays, or avoidable issues, you’re likely to be eligible. But if factors outside the airline’s control, like weather or air traffic, are the reason for delays, you’re unlikely to receive a penny.
Your Rights Regarding Airline Compensation for Missed Flights
The team here at Skycop are veterans of airline compensation and can help you understand your right to flight compensation for a missed connection.
The most important regulations governing your rights are:
- EU Regulation (EC) No 261/2004: You’re eligible for EU missed connection compensation if you arrive at your destination 3+ hours late because of the airline.
- US & International: US and international airlines aren’t generally legally required to provide compensation. They tend to offer rebooking and accommodation instead.
- Flight Distance: The amount of flight compensation for lost connection flight compensation in the EU is dictated by the flight distance, with longer flights qualifying for higher compensation.
- Airline Policy: The airline’s individual policy will be the final determination on whether you receive connecting flight reimbursement.
- Passenger Action: What you do can change whether flight compensation for missed connection is due. Make sure to follow the procedure properly.
Don’t leave your missed connection compensation claim to chance. Put your trust in the professionals at Skycop.
How Much Can You Get in Airline Compensation for Missed Flights?
A missed connection due to a flight delay can mean you’re able to claim compensation. But how much could be due to you? While all airlines differ depending on their policy, the EU regulation 261/2004 states that you could get up to €600 compensation. It all just depends on the distance and destination arrival time when experiencing a flight delay that results in a lost connection.