Flight compensation company SKYCOP (“we” or “SKYCOP”) respects privacy of all Skycop.com (“Website”) visitors (“you” or “Customers”) and undertakes to ensure security of Customers’ personal data both while visiting the Website and while using the services provided by SKYCOP (“Services”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1. By using the Website we may collect and process the following data:
- information that you provide by filling forms on the Website including information necessary to receive compensation from airlines. This includes information provided at the time of logging in, registering, while confirming ID, subscribing to the newsletter, posting material or requesting Services, as well as when notifying the errors related to the Website or Services;
- correspondence between you and SKYCOP (including by email);
- data related to the provision of Services (i. e. information on submitted requests, compensations paid);
- your IP address.
1.2. Customer personal data is collected and processed solely in cases provided in Section 2 and solely for the purposes provided in Section 4.
1.3. Customer personal data is stored for 10 (ten) years after full performance of an agreement between you and SKYCOP or for 2 (two) years after your last activity in the Website (including log in to the Customer account) in case you have not submitted any claims against airlines via SKYCOP.
1.4. Anonymised data related to your use of Website and/or Services which is not considered personal data may be used for statistical or similar purposes. In any case such data processing will not (either directly or indirectly) enable identifying you.
2. CASES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
2.1. Personal data may be processed if:
- you while using the Website provide information on yourself (except for the data processing actions that can only be carried out on a basis of a separate data subject’s consent);
- you provide consent;
- the Service agreement (including agreements regarding assistance in claiming compensations from the airlines) with SKYCOP is being concluded or performed and you are one of the parties to such agreement;
- it is necessary to protect your vital interests;
- it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interest pursued by SKYCOP or a third person, to whom such personal data is provided, except where such interests are overridden by your interests.
4. PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSSING
4.1. We may process your personal data to:
- ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- provide you with information or Services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carry out our obligations arising from any Services agreements concluded between you and us, including agreements regarding assistance in claiming compensations from the airlines;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our Services.
4.2. Upon your prior consent we may also use your data to provide information about goods and Services which may be of interest to you, including the offers of our partners (i. e. use your data for direct marketing). For this purpose your data shall be processed for 2 (two) years from providing your consent.
4.3. Offers of SKYCOP partners, as provided in Section 4.2, shall be exclusively related to traveling and/or SKYCOP business.
4.4. For Customers who have provided their contact details during the Service provision, SKYCOP may by electronic means (email or SMS) send promotional information on goods and services similar to those which were subject of a previous sale during which the contact details have been obtained. If you do not want to receive such offers please inform us regarding such refusal by email email@example.com or by selecting the relevant option in any of the offers received from us.
4.5. You have a right at any time to unsubscribe from SKYCOP promotional offers as well as the right to refuse processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to retract your previous consent, please inform us of such retraction by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by selecting the relevant option in any of the offers received from us.
4.6. We do not provide your personal data to third persons, except when you provide a consent to do so or when personal data must be provided due to legitimate interest of SKYCOP or third person to whom such data is being provided, and if your interests do not override such legitimate interests, also when we are obligated to do so by the laws.
5. SAFEGUARDS OF PERSONAL DATA
5.2. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information in the Website, upon processing such we will use safe organisational and technical measures to prevent such data from accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure as well from all other unlawful activities. Information provided to SKYCOP is being kept at secure servers.
5.3. You must take active measures to ensure privacy of your personal data including putting your best effort to ensure privacy of the password necessary to access the Website. You must ensure that third persons shall not directly or indirectly obtain such data and shall not use your data to access the Website and/or Services and/or for other purposes. You are responsible for any actions of third persons made by using your data and all obligations and liability, arising or related to such actions of third persons shall be yours to the full extent.
5.4. In case we have doubts as to the correctness of data provided by the Customer, we may suspend the processing of such Customer’s personal data and check and clarify such data.
6. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Customer data may be disclosed to third persons:
- in the event that we sell SKYCOP business or assets (or a part thereof), in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- if SKYCOP business or material part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about Customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if such disclosure or share of Customer data is necessary to comply with the requirements of legal acts or to provide Services as well as to perform obligations under the agreements and to protect rights, assets and security of SKYCOP, SKYCOP clients and other persons.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
8. YOUR RIGHTS
8.1. You have all the rights provided by the Law on Legal Protection of Personal of the Republic of Lithuania, including:
- to know (be informed) on the processing of your personal data;
- upon providing a request by email email@example.com to receive information on the sources and type of personal data processed, purposes of processing, recipients of your personal data who had access to your data during the last year. The above information will be provided to your email address not later than within 30 (thirty) days from your information request. We provide the above data free of charge once in every calendar year;
- in cases provided by the laws, to object against the processing of your personal data.
8.3. Claims regarding improper or unlawful data processing are investigated by Lithuanian State Data Protection Inspectorate, registered address A. Juozapavičiaus St. 6, LT-09310 Vilnius, Lithuania, www.ada.lt.
9. FINAL PROVISIONS
Cookie is a small text file in which user settings and other information is saved. This small file is sent to your computer when visiting the Website. Cookies cannot harm your computer and/or the files present in it.
- ensure the highest quality services during the session,
- to recognise and remember your settings for future visits,
- enable us to properly use advertising tools,
- analyse Website use data, understand sources of visits, ensure higher service quality.
In certain cases for the above a third party systems may be used.
You may adjust your computer browser settings which would alert of every cookie to be sent or you may disable cookie storage altogether. To do this select the relevant settings in your browser. Considering the vast numbers of browsers and their versions, we recommend searching for information in help menu to access in detail information on the cookie controls in your computer.
In certain cases when using our services with having cookie storage disabled, some functionality may be unavailable. We also will not be able to take into account your experience to ensure that the functional operation correspond to your needs to the highest degree possible.